18.12.04

sehr müde

so tired in the airport! customs line was long, but the pink haired official barely looked at me. i didn´t even get a stamp in my paßport. my suitcases were the first i saw in the baggage claim, and i was on my way. i found the right train, and i was amazed at how much i understood the conductor. i could tell which side the doors were going to open on. i understood when he said we´d be standing for a few minutes but hoped to be moving shortly. then there was an announcement where i thought he said "we´re not stopping at the mainz hbf and if zou want to got there zou need to get train s# on track # at this time" but i was tired and didn´t trust myself and didn´t believe it would skip over the hauptbahnhof, esp because the sign on the platform had said it would stop there. Well, wouldn´t you know, i ended up in wiesbaden. the wrong side of the river. had to take another train back. then i proceeded to make bad desiscions from arriving in mainz- i was sooo tired. i found the schließfacher sign pointing DOWNSTAIRS, and decided i was too tired to drag my suitcases down more stairs to store them for 2 hours and pay 1e for the privelege. so i schleped them with me all the way to the fachsnachtsbrunnen where i bought my favourite little breadstand roll, a laugenbrötchen (forgetting how VERY hard it is to say) and sat on a bench near the fountain to eat it. this is when it started to rain. wandered about trying to stay on familiar streets without cobblestones. got back to the trainstation at 10 to 2 and spent the next hour counting the minutes, falling asleep, shivering, waiting for meike to come tickle me.

No comments: