18.6.06

already wistful

i know, i know, shut up and enjoy it already, but it's so hard, the days are going so fast, it's the end of june already. and so much summer awaits me, but i don't know if i can be APRICIATIVE enough of it all, of the rosebushes everywhere, of seeing ink on bare skin on the el, of patios and porches and no more velvet skirts or wool stockings, and no more sketchbooks or papers or grades. i just want to hold on to it all, the newness of it all, my beautiful garden, my sundresses, the city alive and celebrating. i want to be here forever, sewing bag linings, working at the flower shop, planning my pride weekend wardrobe, sitting on ch's balcony sipping cactus juice coctails. but soon enough it will be over, and it will be september, and ch will be in a new apartment, some still un-found hard-to-get-to studio, and i will have to get a real job, and my garden will freeze, and my cat will run away, and it will all happen covered in fleece and wool and cordoroy.

but that's still months away. the days are so long. if only they could go by slower!

No comments: