29.6.06

loved

nasty funk last night. a's voice across the cell phone was a lifeline. stomped tiredly into the costume shop this morning and christopher said, "hello, how are you today?"
i replied, "not real great. i'm pretty much a mess emotionally."
he said, "aw, come here darling" and gave me a big hug.
then he told me i was tactful and sweet. it was perfect- tactful seems like such a wierd thing to say, but it was EXACTLY what i needed to hear- the very adjective- the hand of the goddess working through people in my life.
i said he smelled good, and he said, "look at you today! you say you don't have breasts, but i see them! why today i'm going to call you the woman of wolmosdorf" i said of where? and he said it was the name of that lovely famous ancient ancient statue. i can't remember the actual name now though. pity i only kept my art history 2 book.

anyway, less fun in the costume shop, with frances always around. but we got out early, and so i went to eat lunch with ch at the flowershop, and then went to the fashion designers. she's a bit harried, she has a meeting with a buyer for macy's soon, so she's trying to get all her samples done. so instead of giving me the fabric for all the pants, she has me patterning and making a sample for a coat and another pair of pants. fun!

got home and rested a few minutes before going to women and children first for the reading and book release party for robert's new book, a field guide to gay and lesbian chicago. it was really good- he and his co-author kathie are really funny. i love w&cf so much- always spend money, every time i go. saw something perfect for l, but didn't buy it- am quite proud of myself. a needs to come to chicago so we can go there together- it is full of books that remind me of her. anyway, i had robert and kathie sign my book, and kathie wrote- thanx caitlin- you're hot!

a was telling me i should recite afirmations, last night. but look at me, getting afirmations from other people. it's really good. i'm trying to fully appriciate it, and remove myself from my slump.

No comments: