2.6.06

busy girl!

oh my goddess, now that you've read all about bermuda i need to catch you up on what's happening this week! it's been crazy, poor mitzi's like, what's up, bitch, i thought you were HOME from vacation? when you gonna get out the STRING for a minute? yes, "meow" means bitch, in case you were wondering. i think my cat can roll her eyes at me, i'm serious.

so i told you monday after i got back in i went to michelle's barbeque for memorial day? i wasn't really prepared to be a social person with actor strangers, but i did ok. and i've met donna, michelle's roommate before, so that was good. and christopher was there! and grant! and we made smores over the barbeque! i was just sad that i wasn't in a social meet new friends mode, because there was a really cute girl there, curly red hair, fat, funky glasses, long skirt. found out her name- mary- ch will be delighted. whatever, i'm sure she's straight. and thinks i'm wierd. and she Should, because i was, and so if she didn't she'd be a poor judge of character...

ANYWAY, work tuesday, then ch and i went wicker park, beacause over the rhine emailed me and said, YES, we DO want you and your friend to sell our tshirts and cds! it was surreal- ch and i went to the double door to hear otr free! and hem! wow! we had a fabulous time- i mean, whatever, we are retail royalty. (the princess and the queen, thank you very much) we amazed their merch guy at our esp skills re:tshirt sizes. and i drug a little arrangement around with me all night, and then at the very end after linford and karin were done signing, linford thanked me for inventorying tshirts, and i said, no, thank you, we brought you flowers! and he gave them to karin, and she was so charmed, and said she wished she'd had them on her table for the concert. and THEN she told us how jelous she was of us working in a flowershop, and it makes her miss her garden, she just planted her delphinium!!! is that not SOO much better than, please sign my cd- i love your music, i have all your albums!?

DRUG myself out of bed wednesday, though. good think i work with ch. after work, went to library, cooked more salads for dinner, and cleaned up my email in box- replied to like 20 mails. had thursday off, and was useless. i stayed in bed all morning finishing leslea newman's every laugh a tear. i love how she swears by the goddess, always makes me laught you know. i sobbed and sobbed when her bubbe died at the end. it made me so sad i didn't have a chance to come out to my grandmother before she died- my dad's mom i mean. i feel like she's be upset and disaproving, but would love me anyway, tease me mercilessly, just want me to be happy. it made me really miss her. another funny thing bout the jewish grandma was how much yiddish i understand- between pennsylvania dutch and german, most of the words are pretty direct translation. it's funny how i can recognize pa dutch when i hear it, and of course i understand it without even thinking, but i don't think i could write it the way leslea does jewish. i just can't hear it, speak dialect on my own, i can only drop phrases. rutch in your seat. red up a room. outen the lights. it's a sticky as shoofly pie.

so anyway, thursday after work i met ch downtown, cause you can't keep us apart even on my day off, and we went to the west side where one of our customers has paintings on display at a coffee shop. they were nice, fine, he's improving, and it made me feel all communtyish. then we went to his house for dinner, and he invited hugo over, and hugo invited booty, and that made it a party. we cooked delicious food and stalked people on yahoo, and played scattagories. which also made me miss my grandma. i told everyone how we always play at the beach, how the die is lost, and instead we have letters on scraps of paper in a baggie, and how at the bottom of the box are all these used answer sheets in my grandma's handwriting that no one can bear to throw away. and then i showed them my skill by beating them all by at least 10 points. another late night though... but booty gave me a ride home, and it's so close- everytime i come home from ch's i'm glad i don't live in hyde park anymore.

today was more of the same. worked alone-ch got the day off, after my incredibly long vacation. unfortunately i took an order for tomorrow, so he'll have to come in then. i played with the cat, made another salad, and watched the WORST gay movie EVAR. filmed on a camcorder i think, bad diolgue, hard to believe plot, preachy characters, unsular envronment- it ached with low budget ness. and the end was terrible. i don't think the 2 lovers riding off into the sunset is a happy ending. what about their straight friend? what about punishing the dean who raped the kid? what about saving future students from gaybashing? what about transfering schools? these kids seemed so snappy with their bible based comebacks, i feel like they had to be getting their pro-gay info from somewhere other than their hearts, why couldn't they use that source for help, as a trusted adult, maybe save the life of their other friend? and why did they have to talk so you could hear the ... in the script? or the [pauses]. it was awful. don't watch the last year, if you have the option, in my opinion.

so that's me. i'm out of contact with everyone, but oddly enough i'm not feeling lonely and clingy like i usually do. i guess it's still whiplash from the cruise- i need to spend time alone, and i need to take time to enjoy my city. leah lent me a book when i was in philly called "quirkyalone: a manifesto for uncompromising romantics" and i'm definately jumping on that boat. everything i've read so far has been "yes, yes, that's me exactly!" but i havn't finished it yet, so i'll talk more then, i'm sure. but i really like it as label. you know how this artist loves labeling herself.

my dad has been flooding me and z's email box recently with love letters about how much he enjoyed vacationing with us. it's sweet, if not a good bit weird. he wrote one that included, "I also never asked you guys what is going on in your lives. Have a desire to take up skydiving? want to join the circus? Decided to do volunteer work for the Free graphic Artists from their Computers Club? Have too many friends? Have to few? Have a guy you enjoy being around? looking forward to having a pet skunk? Planning on taking a bike trip across the counry? Anyways I'd like to know what is going on with both of you since I wanted to ask you both that while we were sitting in the sun on the decks, but everybody was listening to ther iPods and reading books, so I'll ask now"

what do you think? is now the time to come out to him?

No comments: