17.6.06

hairy scary dsl

am having the worst trouble connecting. took me a few phonecalls to help to realize that i connect just fine if i'm on the phone. what that's about, i don't know. but they called at 9 (on sat morning!) to say the line looks good and it's probably a jack issue. boooooo. i called mom and she said don't you dare let them charge you for that. you're a smart girl, replace them yourself. so i guess that's what i'll be doing ...

what else do i need to catch you up on? lots of job stuff, applying places, scheduling interviews, mailing out resumes, sounding smart and talented over the phone. if i can just pull off being as smart and talented as i sound.... tuesday's my big scary day. but i'll do my best and it will be good practice, and if i don't get this job now, there will be others, and if i still want it maybe i'll be better at it with more practice.

did i tell you i went to devon market and started buying plants on wednesday? i loaded them all onto my grocery cart and pushed them home.
then thursday i went to gesthemane to fil out the holes of the other things i wanted. good thing i listened to ch and went there last because everything was so beautiful, and they had everything, and it was so expensive... i came home and planted them thursday night, and they look fabulous, but i ran out of dirt, so there's still a little work to be done. but i have my hanging imapatiens, and hanging vine geranium. then i have 2 round planters packed full of purple flowers, ageratum and petunias and violas and sweet potato vines and other trailing viney things. then i have a vegetable windowbox with tomatoes and zuchini, and a herb window box, with dill, basil, mint and chamommile. they are beautiful but make me nervous. i'm thinking take it one week at a time- as long as they're still looking good for my party next friday...

and if you haven't heard of it some other way, please! come to my pre-pride potluck party at 7 next friday. it should be a riproaring good time. ch is already perfecting his 3bacon salad.

but i need to go ride my bike full of bowling ball bags to my future employers to see what she thinks of my first lining job... again, send good intentions out to the universe, or pray to the goddess, for me!

No comments: