4.6.06

wir sind helden- making german sexy again

so i was in bed doing my normal weekend morning stuff when ch calls at noon, saying he bought antonia's line, his second favourite movie ever, and he and joe were gonna watch it this afternoon. so i got up, got dressed, put on my little strawberry covered sundress from g, and rode my bike over. i haven't ridden to ch's yet, as i'm never coming home while it's still light out. it really is the nicest ride, there was a little bit of panic when i learned 3 blocks of glenwood is one way the wrong way, but it was fine. i got there and i could hear them all on the balcony. they buzzed me up and we sat out on the balcony, drinking sangria and talking. it's JUNE! and there's NO SCHOOL! and there's SUN! my heart rejoices. ch said joe was shocked by my bike- they saw me riding up the street and ch says i think that's caitlin and joe says, naw it's some lesbiana. ch says to me, so we were both right! and i asked joe, did you expect me to be riding something pink with streamers comming off the handlebars? and he said, yeah, something like that, like a schwinn or something. it made me feel all butch and shit.

so we made fancy salads and watched antonia's line, and i'd forgotten how good it is. it was the first movie on ch's list that i'd watched when i was first getting to know him, so i didn't know how to take it. now that i new what to expect, i was free to love it and all of it's fabulous lines and characters. i felt a bit silly being all verklempt, but ch was much weepier than i, we decided joe must not have a heart, to not be misty.

after that we watched music videos. the boys had had much more sangria than i had- or at least feeling it much more, and i was so over all the madonna concert footage. but then, joe watched some german video which made ch think to look up WIR SIND HELDEN! and she is SO CUTE! my newest rock star crush. move OVER erin mckeown! and there was a video for ch's fave song, nur ein wort. and it was so cool, they were in this alley with words on cards that they dropped forward, then ran them backwards so the cards leaped in their hands, and so the song fit the words about half the time... it rocked. and joe could translate so that was fabulous! i'd always sung along, bitte, gibt mir noch ein baum, not understanding the last word. ch said what is she saying and i said, please give me just one something. i sing tree, but i know that's not right. well, it's OH. so it really isn't a word. just please give me just one oh. ok, sometimes she says word, but REALLY, imean she's so CUTE what guy would just look at his shoes while she's singing, who wouldn't give her WHATEVER words she wanted! she could shred a dictionary and put 10000 of the oddest words up and down her sleeves and we would read them all!

lovely ride home, hopefully this will be the last time i have to smoosh all these dreads under my helmet. i hope i can find my extra hemet paddng when i shave my head! hauling my bike up the steps = agonizing. it takes more energy than i have. i actually had to sit down and put my head between my knees and wait for my heart to stop pounding when i got to the top before i could lock it up.

you must forgive me for these long sentences full of a million phrases not quite put together in the right order- i've been proofreading a website for ruth. because you know i can't work on anything on my list. oh no.

No comments: