9.6.06

dial up disaster!

so as i was coming home from work wednesday, i realized my name had fallen off the buzzer. so when i came upstairs i changed the ink in my printer to print out a new one. well, the printer is all fuzzy. and won't print yellow or magenta. i don't know what's wrong with it. so i went to sign online to do some troubleshooting, and my modem won't connect. i pick up my phone, no dial tone. now i was talking on the landline tuesday night, no problem. i wiggled all the cords and stuff to no avail. i called at&t, and they said they'd send the service guy out thursday. but it might mess up my dsl, cause that's supposed to be set up thursday and they need a dial tone before they can set it up. i say, well the high speed modem hasn't even come yet. she said it should have, and gave me the tracking number and the ups number. so i called them and they said they tried to deliver it but couldn't find me because my name wasn't on the buzzer. !!!! have you ever heard of such a pitiful loop? ARGH! so i told them to try again today, and i taped up a handwritten namesign. it's after 5, but according to their website they will continue to deliver until 7 so we will see..... the phone guy came by this afternoon and i let him into the basement. he got out his little box, said he needed to go to the other basement. so i let him in there, and he said he needed to see the other basement, so i let him in there, and he twisted his wires and turned his knobs and said it looks like a problem between the box and the lines outside!!!!!!!!! it's a dsl problem!!!! horray! not my crappy jack at all. he came back when he was done with his work, and said i should be connected within two hours. about an hour ago i got a call on my landline! it said my dsl had been hooked up. so we will see if the modem comes. in the meantime, i have DIAL TONE! so i can dial up, and though it's slow, it's CONNECTEDNESS, and i don't know what more a girl could want.

but being disconnected helped me get my packages out, though. it's not too late, though- if you still want one, drop me a comment. still no word from g- i may end up shaving my head alone, anyway. don't know what she's doing- want to see her quite badly. she better come to town this weekend! and she better see me when she does! talking about visitors, rafael is in town this weekend, and he stopped by the store yesterday. it was good for him and ch - and me, too! - to catch up, i thought the whole visit went quite well, so i was happy. in other "ch's friends who like me better" news, stacy told me yesterday to write about her in my blog, so i guess i should do that. it seems ch told her about my plans to become a slut, and she asked me out of the blue how it was going for me. and i said, not very well, it's hard to be a slut without a dial tone. which i find very quotable.

but the ups gal just rang my doorbell!! my modem is here!!! i have to hook it up, wish me luck!!

No comments: