11.6.05

book meme!

well, actually, i've filled out a book meme before. it's here, surprisingly enough there is little overlap.


Number of books you own:
214, give or take a few. that was my count, anyway.


Last book bought:
persepolis and the ecology of desire, but they were gifts. so, romeo and juliet, the contemporary fim the classic play- i bought it for a class. ch gave me mystery by peter straub but i haven't read it yet.


Last book I read:
culture shock germany by richard lord and a door in the hedge by robin mckinley, and a million costume history books for my paper.

Five books that mean a lot to me (aka. changed my life):
The teenage liberation handbook, grace llewellyn. got me out of high school. kept me from insanity.
drawing on the right side of the brain, by dr. betty edwards. taught me to draw. amazing.
the drifters, james michener. incredible readible cultural history novel on the 1960s. got my curriculum my senior year from it.
am i blue? ed. mariane bauer. young adult coming out short stories. showed me a whole new genre.
flower essence repertory, patricia kaminski- my guide to mental health

five books that mean a lot to me (aka i read over and over again):
the outlaws of sherwood- robin mckindley
and both were young (or small rain)- madeline l'engle
enchantment-orson scott card
dancing shoes- noel streatfeild
little lord fautleroy- frances hodgston burnett


The rules:
I’ve got to answer the four questions, then tag five other fellow bloggers. If I tag you, copy the questions from here, then post the questions along with your answers on your own blog. I’ve done my part. Now you do yours. Here’s the list of the folks I chose to tag:

umm, memes come here to die?
samir, jamie, tre? anyone interested?

next post: photo links!

No comments: