24.6.05

markham, etc

god, it seems like forever since i've been here! i'll be waking up early again tomorrow, so i shouldn't be staying up, but i'm hoping you all have been missing me, and so i thought you deserved a new post.
so markham- it was fun and exciting to ride the metra- i'd never been to the station since they rehabbed it. it's really nice now. i only had a 20 to buy my ticket with, so i got 17 sacajaweas in change- ugh! makes me feel like a german with all those dollar coins. my wallet ways about 20 pounds. i got off in harvey, transfered to my pace bus- it got me excited for traveling this summer. when was the last time i was out of the city? (i mean, since mairee's weddding) i was wearing a short dress with my high boots, as i wanted to be grown up looking and professional. little did i know that it was 6 blocks from the bus stop to the court. and it's the suburbs- no sidewalks, it's walking in the grassy median between the busy street and the shopping plaza. whatever. i got there only a little late, watched their video, knit, watched tom cruise on oprah, watched bob barker on the price is right (is he enbalmed? how can someone be so old? he's really charming, i like him alot.) at noon, we were told both of the trials that needed jurys had been settled, so there wasn't going to be any need of a jury today, and we were all free to go. horray! it was the 6 block walk back that killed me. when i got home, i have enormous blisters on the balls of my feet. ouch! they're all goo filled.
why didn't i blog then? well, i was too busy being useful! my icecream maker had come from amazon.com! it's really cool. i made a lime sorbet last night. yum! i wish i could eat it and type at the same time. i'm so glad it works. i need to get some heavy cream now and see if i can make icecream. anyway, i washed the dishes, did laundry, packed 7 boxes (which is about 2/3 of my bookcases) and talked to my mother. then i decided to watch league of their own instead of signing online. i can't remember the last time i was home and didn't check my email. made me feel funny, as i'm waiting to hear about otr tickets from james, and waiting for this picture from charles's cell phone: it was from last weekend's andersonville midsommarfest. remember? i wore pants, drank raspberry bacari from the beer stand, and the girl with the mohawk was checking me out? well there's proof.
today was slow, but aircondititoned at the flowershop. it's awful out today- the hottest day in 6 years, since the heat wave of 99. we passed a thermometer that said 100degrees- that's 38 celcious! right now my apt. is like an oven, i'm sitting here in just my underwear, sweating onto the keyboard. ch and i decided to have our weekly friday night dinner up north- first we went to jacks to pick up boxes for me and ch is watching poky this weekend as jack's finishing up cleaning in the suburbs. so me and ch and jack and the dog and my boxes went to ch's house, and his ac was working, so we just stayed there and ordered pizza. ch and i had some cd bonding time- reminds me of the evenings a and i would spend. but i had to get my boxes home. such a long commute, and i broke the side of a box at state and washington. but i'm home now. but i have to wake up EARLY to move jen tomorrow.

No comments: