16.6.05

more flowers

wasted so much time online today. ugh. my apartment is still a mess. there are still radishes to be drawn. anne comes the day after tomorrow. mairee's wedding is the day after tomorrow. today i prepared all of the stephonotis. you pull off their stems, push the pistils out, and push the spongestem up through the middle of the flower. then you put a pearlheaded pin in the middle to make it look pretty. they smell marvelous. also processed all the roses, plucked them down and cleaned them up. today was boquet day. i made 5 bridesmaids boquets, which are purple orchids and ivy. ch made the altar arrangements, wild spring explosions. i'll see if i can find a picture for you. then i made her bouquet. it's about a dozen ravel roses with a bunch of the stephonotis stuck in between and ivy all curled around the outside: i'll take pictures on saturday, hopefully it will all work out. talked to g today, she sounded stoned. though i know she would never, she's just tired. she moved, she graduated, her parents and sisters came and left. i wouldn't be surprised if she stood me up on sat. i'm beginning to wonder if she's even worth breaking up with. naw, she's just tired. and look at my mother. her ability to carry on her own conversation regardless of if or what i have to say continually amazes me.
i bought my ticket to michfest and am now trying to find a way to get there. it's not looking good. say a prayer for me.
finally, i uploaded more pictures! see, grandma sent a letter to me saying she's still willing to pay for my ticket if i want to come to the riddle reunion (fat chance, it's on ch's birthday party) and saying that they're making a family tree and they need a pic for me. i wanted to send one from ch's housewarming when stacy was in town, so i got them all put on disk. i'll post them all tomorrow, but to whet your appetite, here's the pic of myself i'm sending to my grandma in west pa for her to put on the family tree:

No comments: