12.6.05

hottie

guess who didn't spend a single moment on her paper today? finally got out my pastels from meike and drew her a beautiful pepper last night. i'm really into vegetables. it was so freeing, instead of these itty bitty details on these teeny tiny renderings painted with 00 brushes, i scribble RED and BLUE in these big lobes of pepper on 11x14 paper. i really like it- it's rather luminecent. it's totally different from something frances would critique and something that i'm proud of everytime i walk by. now i just need to by some fix so i can close the notebook...

woke up rather early out of habit and packed my backpack full of cds. i took a milk crate of 1/2 finished sewing projects and 3/4 of my cd collection the new place (officially named lucile). i've never been to lucile by myself before, and had a horrific time with the keys- everything needs to be wd40ed. but now that i know what keys are SUPPOSED to work where, i should be able to jiggle them. my stove's still not hooked up and there's still wires all over the kitchen. by myself in the incredible humidity, i could see it more of the hovel it is. the mirrored doors are all warped and green. i got my first piece of mail in my new mailbox- the electric company wants a deposit from me. and EVERYTHING sticks. the kitchen is cemented in paint. the windows don't open, the cabinets don't close, none of the fixtures, the knobs and things, work. but it's ok, mom's comming, she's done good work here. i opened the balcony door, and i always want to sit in the doorway like cecila, and never can because there's all these frames and stuff, but i noticed the windowsills on either side are really deep, and there's enough room for me to sit on them. so i CAN sit on my balcony! i suppose if i tried really hard i could get a litttle forman grill to sit on the windowsill. if i wanted to. if i ate meat. so anyway, i dropped off the cds and sewing stuff, then headed a few stops south to meet ch, jack and joe at the andersonville midsommar street fair. ch has dubbed it the 3rd gayest neighborhood festival in chicago (after pride and halsted market days) it was fun, your basic stuff, the irish stepdancers (though the boys are disolusioned now that they know they're wigs) the blooming onions, the silver ring vendors and chicago t-shirts.

OH! i forgot to tell you all what i was wearing!!! top down- dreads tied up in g's silk scarf. barbie heart sunglasses. vintage halter bikini top with bambi print (like from when bambi first came out!). and g's jeans. oh yes. pants in public. they're too long, so i was trying them on with my vintage clogs and platform target sandals and sexy southstreet heels, and they all look fabulous, but i can't walk long distances in any of them, so i ended up wearing my good old docs.
ch gave me SUCH the proper response. he's like "hi..." then he notices my legs and goes, wow. he was pretty speachless. joe, jack didn't really understand, and he's like, "you don't understand, this is the first time i've EVER seen her in pants." he stared and they were admiring, and it made me feel good. we started to walk down the street, and he turns around and says to me, "all this time, i thought they were wheels." gotta love this guy!
as opposed to jack- ch says they look good, i say thanks but they're tight, ch says they're supposed to be, and i say, "yeah, i guess that's how the kids are wearing them these days" and jack gives me a disparaging look and says, "honey, you ARE a kid." DUH! it was a JOKE! geez. but when i was whining about my apartment, he said he had a palm sander and would help me grind my cabinets. we made a couple of lewd jokes from that one.

anyway, the beer tent was selling this good fuzzy bacari raspberry stuff, it reminded me of mike's hard lemonade. it was fun to be able to drink at a street festival! ch has a new phone so my pride flipflops don't show up when i call anymore. he needs a new picture of me, so he took one today, in my heartshaped sunglasses, pants, and holiding a plastic beer cup. yeah! i feel more in than a sorority girl!

we're kinda standing around, waiting for ch and jack to finish their wursts, and they're all checking out guys, and these two chicks walk by- if there are any lesbians in chicago, they live in andersonville- and ch stops midsentence and says, she was totally checking you out! i say, which one! and he says, the one with the mohawk!

all right! how can i whine about not getting my paper written if i'm being checked out by a mohawked chick?

when i got home, anne called from sanfranciso and we made plans for mairee's wedding next week, then i ate dinner watching the simpsons. got another loving email from leah, how could i not go to michfest with such a charmer? she assaged all my fears.
now if only i could get this paper written. thank god i'm off again tomorrow. viva la summer! (or sommar, in swedish)

No comments: