9.10.05

costume parade, with a bit of gender thrown in

sigh. the awful part is over. i've been told everything i've done wrong, now i just have to fix it all. damn wigs. damn, damn wigs. will be taking off time work again tomorrow, trying to fix shit. and all day tuesday. but i guess it will happen. it just puts me in such a bad place mentally, emotinally. i need to go take some bachs. really, it went quite well. there aren't that many notes. and it's all little stuff. well, except for the wigs. and frances stood up for a sweater i liked, to the director!! imagine!! she likes something he doesn't! i guess it goes to show she doesn't hate me specifically, she just hates most of the things i design, and if i design something decent, she'll back me up.

now i'm home. met ch to commute home with, and didn't get a chance to talk to l. where is she? i miss her.

i'm emotionally exhausted. i have extra time, but i can't be useful. i think i'll watch a movie. go to bed early. but i have to make my list first, of what i'll be doing tomorrow, the next day. and there are papers to be written, papers to be edited. mom did edit my g and c one. we ended up having a nice im talk, though she communicates so poorly through that medium, i'm rarely sure exactly what she means. her most interesting comments:

FunkySheep: Did you see the front of the TIme mag with the article about gay teens?
FunkySheep: The kid on the cover is from MIfflin [my high school]
Rainheads: NO!!!
Rainheads: REALLY???
Rainheads: YOU"RE KIDDING!!
FunkySheep: I think high school is a little young to lock yourself in. I think everyone is more bi-sexual then they want to admit. I think its a contiumum
Rainheads: if there's anything more socially unacceptable than being gay, it's being bisexual.
FunkySheep: really? is bisexuality promiscuous?
Rainheads: you don't think that's what american culture thinks bisexuality is?
FunkySheep: American Sexual Culture is only women in skimpy clothes selling something
Rainheads: UGH, tell me about it. walking by the wall of magazines on the way to the post office makes me SICK.
FunkySheep: Heterosexulity isn't about sex it's about gender roles.
Rainheads: what, llike butch and femme? everything's about gender roles.
FunkySheep: oh I guess I'm clueless about gay gender roles. Well I'm going to go mix it up and put an apron over my PANTS. so there.

No comments: