19.3.06

hmm. what about today?

stayed up way too late tming l last night. really, don't regret a minute of it. and i wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway, cause i've been staying up way too late this weekend. but, but. had to be into work early today, the health club was giving away tulips for the first day of spring, and i had to tie coupons onto them. all morning. crazy customers all day today, it seemed- everything was complicated, more so than usual. i don't know. i don't wanna dooce myself. (not that ch would care, but who knows where customers may be lurking) went to the library after work and checked a stack out of the children's library. see, i'm in a sort of book dilema. a is all in love with natalie goldberg right now, and i was all excited when she sent me one. the problem is it's really not my style. it's a southwest book, they're all hippies living in adobe communes with names like blue and gauguin. her sister, then later her mother fly in from new york, and they don't fit in, and i relate so well to them! it's not agonizing, i'll finish it, and i think there's alot of a in there, so that's good. if there is nothing about a protaganist that makes you sympathize with her, it's good if she reminds you of someone you know. i have a kind of set in my head that all southwest books take place in, because i've never been, besides greyhounding through utah and driving to denver of course. i was trying to remember the last book i'd read in the southwest, and i could remember the smoke lodge, then that it was a lesbian murder mystery in a camp, and more than the plot of the book i could remember where i was reading it- on a greyhound... and it took me some time to figure out where i was going on this greyhound, cause i'm not a big traveler, but i finally realized i was reading it 2 summers ago when i went to visit beth in st. paul.

i've been going crazy with connections that arent really connected these days. today i started one with, "talking about fuck and suck rhyming..." they're always these long, convaluted stories that have you going, "oh, so THAT'S what it has to do with abortion!" at the end. i must be an agonizing friend to talk to. that and i can't stop talking about my johari window (have you done it yet? you should! [also: memo to justin: who are you? you were one of the first people to fill it out, and i can't figure it out. do i know you? perhaps by a different name? i don't think i know a justin...] l, a, i'm talking to you.. but i understand about your work situations. not everyone has home access.) anyway, sorry, all of you. as ch says, yes, get your coffee. sit down, get comfortable. stay awhile. it's going to take me a long time to get to my point.

g called on my way home from work, and that was delightful, as always, to talk with her. she laughed at my rambling stories and loved the new chapters in the serial of hannah in 3w. she told me about her new roommate jamie and her students. i bugged her about designing my tattoo. it was good to connect.

other than that? well, i've got some photos i can show you. first, of course, cat ones. mitzi asleep in the world's most comfy chair sunday afternoon:

and yesterday, after i got back from grocery shopping, climbing inside my backpack = so cute:


and on a more artsy note, my portrait of the model was in the showcase at school! i was so proud. here's a picture of it with my reflection taking the picture. i actually have my sitting conte crayon one in the showcase now. it makes me feel like a real artist. one of the best ones in the class! twice! i really like the conte, and the backs we did the week before last. i think i'm going to take down my janosch tigerente calandar pages and hang up my drawings instead, next to my photographs. it seems to fit, i think. and won't that be fun, having drawings of naked people on my walls for when grandma comes for graduation. anyway.

and if you think that picture is bad, this one is even worse. the cell phone's all about convienience, not quality. (as a side note, did i tell you i took the manual out to the neighborhood sunday? took almost a whole roll of my favourite shops, etc. we'll see how they turn out- the neighborhood was looking very march, so i'm afraid they'll be all trashy dirty dangerous city, but the light was really good, so maybe it'll be sunny community, which was more how i was feeling. still, memo to the goddess: turn up the green, already!) but anyway, the other project this artist-at-large finished up yesterday was my new t-shirt skirt. created from my old hyde park vinyeart t, i'm quite happy with it's perky little ruffle. i couldn't really wear it anymore with "the sky is not the limit, romans 8:38-39" on the back, but i have no problems it seems having it emblazoned across my ass. however, one's own ass is quite difficult to photograph, esp. in my "mood lit" apartment. but whatever. i told you what it says. you don't need to see the serging yourself.

ok, so, that's about it for creation over spring break. (that makes me feel better, to think of it that way. ricky asked, hey it's monday, what are you doing here? today. and i'm like, it's spring break. some girls go to mexico and party on the beach. me, i'm at the sears tower at 8am tying coupons onto tulips.) but i need to stop being so bitter about the colaborative seminar and look on the bright side- NO NIGHT CLASS TONIGHT! which means i can blog to all of you, darling folk! so i'm going to go paint my pysanky now. that'll be the next art project you see posted here.

No comments: