24.3.06

saturday so far

usually posting pictures will get me some comments, so i thought i'd try again today. i've been asleep most of today- moving so slowly. but i guess that's ok. it's my 25.5 birthday today! i didn't realize, but a called me to wish me a happy birthday. i was totally touched. it's also elliot's actual birthday, so it's a very celebratory day. i was going to make cottage cheese and apple pancakes to celebrate, but my cottage cheese was bad. so i ate the last of the tart and washed my dishes instead. then i finished a pysanky:

so i'm all ready for the egg blower... i melted the wax off with the candle, but i'm still a little afraid it cooked the egg just inside the shell. hopefully it will all be fine.
anyway, after that i FINALLY made jason's easy rider sweater. i'm pleased with it, it matches my memory, but i feel like i need to rent the movie again to make sure it's exactly as i recall. i do hope he likes it. i kept trying it on to make sure the m was centered, the armholes wern't to small etc. it's amazing how clothing can trainsform. i feel like some vintage football player's girlfriend. not my usual style, that's for sure.

oh, and DELICIOUS mail! a postcard from hannah in 3w, saying her life is crazy and maybe we can get together next week! also, confirmation- she had to give her cat to her boyfriend because it was too lonely here. so yes, indeed, she's straight. still, she wants to be my friend! and THEN, i got a letter from ROSIE!! i haven't heard from her in ages, but she got my xmas card. she wrote me the most beautiful letter, these lovely snapshots of her life. i can't wait to reply- it inspires me more than my current short story. so i feel connected. also, am going out tonight with amberlee (i know, i know) and then jen called me so i invited her too. so how can i be lonely when i have connections today with someone cool in chicago, one of my favorite people in the world, and am going out with 2 people in chicago? if only my favorite people lived here. or the cool people hung out with me. i feel like a terrible person, not really liking my friends.

No comments: