29.3.06

lifeblood

my space is sucking my soul. wasting so much time. arg. but sometimes it's a good idea. see, i was adding friends last night staying up past my bedtime, but it was all worth it because i was up late enough for L to sign online! yes, from oman!!! it was the next morning there, and she was getting ready to go to work. i was so glad to hear she'd gotten there safely.

i wore my hpvineyard skirt again today, lots o complements from the costume shop. gotta love that. tried to print out pictures after work- to no avial. will try to get them onto my ipod, but my goddess, it's complicated to get stuff off that damn computer. i'll never get my portfolio together, never graduate.

trim trim trim today. i put my hoop and my dress on the form and had tom haul it on top of the table, then i pinned my big loopdeloops on it. crazy.

sorry so unfocused- playing scrabble online again with ch. was so ahead- used all my letters the first turn with "applied" but he still beat me. it was close, but one of his last words went both directions and that was it for me.

bought my tickets to cleveland last night. so i'm really going to g'pas 80th b-day party. what was i thinking?
just watch- it'll be the only weekend l can come into town and she'll visit all the other chicagoans and miss me. (nah, i doubt that, i'm just missing her...)

got my poster for the michigan womyn's music festival in the mail today. makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. jill sobule, jane siberry, and the ditty bops are gonna be there. i wonder if i will be? vanessa was asking me about graduation today, and i told her i can't really grasp the concept of graduating. i've been going to school for so long- i'm 25.5 years old, graduation seems like something i don't get at columbia, like cafeterias and sports teams and sororities. but in just 6 weeks, i'm going to be done and figuring out what else i can do to earn money in my life. that's really scary for me, cause i've gotten used to being able to tell ch when i want off rather than asking permission. but real jobs won't let you do that- if i get one, i'll be so glad to have it i won't be able to ask off a whole week in august.

however, i will be so glad not to be mooching anymore. it's been such a long time since i've been able to support myself. i want any checks that come in the mail to be mysterious gifts, not required, demanded payments.

oh fuck, it's the 29th. i need to pay my rent.

No comments: