5.3.06

perfect weekend

a little bit of everythng i love. friday night i went out with ch and the 21year old, steven. johnny b and his boyfriend tom came too. and it was just so nice. of course i was totally won over by steven. i'd dressed up, it was too cold for a short skirt, and ch said i should wear my pajama pants and chainmail. i don't have any chainmail, so i wore my denim bra under a black crocheted doily top. i lost my glitter lip gloss when out with jason, so i was having lip issues. and when i met steven, he was like, aren't you the cutest thing ever? and while i was fixing my lipgloss, he asked ch, "does she come on a keychain?" which i think is fucking hilarious.
we went to @mostphere, which was quiet yet hip, and drank and talked and it was just lovely. then we went to clark's on clark to meet joe. we were in a draft there, and i was shivering, and steven sat next to me and put his arm around me and we cuddled. it was so nice. it has been so long since i've cuddled someone in chicago! i miss cuddling. steven said to me, if i was straight, i'd be totally into you. and i said, i can't really imagine being straight... but i bet i'd be into you, too.
luckily ch lives just around the corner, so when it got late we walked back home. ch and jonny b made us all quesadillas, chicken for steven and rice and avocado for me, with beans to dip them in- tasted amazingly good. by this time it was after 3, so i just slept on ch's couch.

but i woke up at 7.30 or so, and found the couch just a little too short to fall asleep again. so i snuck out and wandered home, with my raccoon eyes. i felt so alive, a good sort of morning after feeling- i understood why a calls me so often sat. mornings. i felt like people were looking at me saying, oooh, she got some last night, and i did, but what i need isn't sex, it's cuddling and conversation.
but poor mitzi. she didn't know why i didn't come home. she'd knocked over all the trash cans and 3 plants, breaking a pot, bruising the jade, and dragging the avacado half way across the house. i was too tired to deal with it, so i just took a melatonin and crawled back into my bed. when i woke again at 11, i had a splitting headache. ugh. the most hung over i'd been in awhile. don't know why- i thought i drank alot of water, but i guess not. but i had to get out of bed, clean up the plant mess, shower, and head out to do my errands.
really, i got a lot accomplished. went to the animal hospital to get a price quote for neutering mitzi, hardware store, healthfood store, library, grocery store, and handcock fabrics- which didn't have any good trim. so then i went up to evanston to vogue, and of course, it closed before i found everything i needed. so i came home and cooked up my quinioa and shredded veggies (carrots, zuchini, and rutabega, don't you know) and ate that while reading the reader. i stayed up late typing my papers , drinking tea and eating the last of my xmas sweets from ruth.

did i tell you i mixed up my ukranian easter egg dyes? i set up a little table by the balcony door, with my dyes and my rag and my candle and wax and kiskas. i'm going to take this lent to have a little art in my everyday life. another of ch's bear411 guys just gave him a jose gonzalez cd, and i played that quiet guitar music while breathing the wax and the vinegar. it was very calming. i still need to find an egg blower, though. i break to many when i do it with a pin and my mouth. so sometime i'm going to have to take a fieldtrip to ukranian village.

this morning i woke up to snow. it was beautiful- watching the fat white puffly flakes in front of the brick wall out my window. but i still wans't done with this dress shopping. so (after finishing my novel and chocolate bar, of course) i went back out to vogue and found the perfect trim to match my lace, and nice fabric to match it all. it's a mauve silk, at only 3.99 a yard, quite a bargain. i didn't think i'd find anything i'd be happy with after buying the black lace, so i was so glad when it all came together.

waiting for the train at howard i was so struck by the beauty of it all. the snow was so thick on the gravel there, and it made it a facinating texture. and then the hundreds of black lines of the traintracks cutting through it- yesterday too, i'd wished i was carrying my camera with me. on the purple line train, we pass this old cemetary with huge monoliths and mausoleums and baby angel statues, and it was perfect, with the dark snakey trees and the snow falling. and then me on the train, chugging by... and that too was when i realized that this weekend has been filled with everything i want in my life. going out and drinks and friends and cuddling. staying home, with tea and writing and art. shopping in my neighborhood and cooking big batches of soup, charcoal drawings and library books and liebkuchen.

No comments: