1.7.06

acomplishment

i feel when i'm sad i will just feel sorrier for myself if i lay in bed all day, reading books and watching movies, occasionally getting up just to waste time online. and i feel proud of myself when i get stuff done when i don't feel like doing anything. the key is to set small goals. today my plan was to
take a shower,
eat breakfast,
clean the catbox,
clean the refrigerator,
take out the trash,
go to the hardware store,
eat lunch/dinner,
and then sew until the midnight showing of superman.

now, i originally woke up at 10, too late to go to the dykes pedalling bikes, but still early enough to go to the farmer's market and still get my whole list done by noon. but acompishing anything has just taken hours today. but i've done almost all of it! sure, it's 7pm, but everything but breakfast and the dishes are done, and i'm ready to start sewing. i'm really proud of the hardware store- i left the house, and i can cross a couple of things off my list. and i didn't feel like eating, but i tempted my self with beautiful basic homey things, and i nibbled, and soon it was almost all gone and i felt better.

i was telling a about my food and she reminded me of the homeyness factor of it- this is how my mom does snacks, infact eats in general. so that brought me comfort, too. but still. i now only have 4.5 hrs before i need to leave to see the movie, and i really, really wanna get something done in that time. cause my new boss won't care that i'm depressed, she'll only care if my work isn't done on time.

No comments: