4.7.06

twice burnt, not shy

so hugo and ch and i went to grant park to see the fireworks and listen to the symphony tonight for independence day! i hadn't gotten nearly enough sewing done, but i packed the most beautiful little dinner and laid down my sarong and just had a cozy little time. ch and hugo were very greatful for my lovely food, and brought the most perfect complements and additions. it was perfect. here's hugo and i before dusk:

and here's the glowing buildings:

and here's the lovely fireworks:

and here's a photo that i found in my photostream that i guess i've forgotten to blog about. this is the fat suit christopher was making while i made the wedding dress last week. i tried it on (being about the same size as the 8 year old it was made for) and if i'm already in a fat suit, i might as well put on my fave reba mcintire wig and carry a parasol, no?


anyway, the first burn was my tounge on the clementine chamomile tea that i took in my thermos. channelling ruth. i miss her! and it's a good thermos, so hot for so long.

not shy refers to being crammed with my picnic basket into the subway car. it's incredible, to be part of 2.5 million people in the same place, but it's less fun to funnel into an L car with a picnic basket. luckily i was smashed against some nice gay guys, so it wasn't like some guy was trying to rub up against me in a crowded subway car. i almost waited for the next train, making room for a stroller, but a nice suburban mom pushed me on. then we chatted on the way home- now channelling nancy katzen. she had a daughter who graduated columbia in the same cermony as me, and another who lives in my neighborhood who goes to loyola.

after i got home i fired up the machine, and sewed my darts and assembled my lining. i'm a bit worried about my connection between the motor and the power source. the cord keeps falling down, i thought the light bulb was burnt out and touched it- that's the 2nd burn.

and at this point, i'm just blabbering, waiting for the pictures i've already written discripions for to finish uploading.

No comments: