19.7.06

undeniably

yep, it's happened. after a flurry of instant messages monday night, i met s yesterday, and i'm in the pink room. after i took mitzi to the vet, we went to the cafe on the corner. (s and i! not mitzi!) clicking definately happened. she is hotter in real life than any photographs i've seen. amazing green eyes. it made me think of a- you know how i never ever notice eye color- but i noticed hers. we chatted for a very short hour before i had to leave to go to renee's. i gave her a mix cd i'd made for her, and she was so sorry she'd forgotten mine- then she read the liner notes and said, actually maybe it's a good thing i forgot mine, because there are 3 of the same songs on yours!!!! isn't that AMAZING? because you want to know, the three are:
the mixed tape by jack's mannequin (when i told z, she's like, "well she sure gets points in my book for that!) which was the track my title came from
say goodnight and go by imogen heap
and mr. harris by aimee mann! (when i told ch, he's like, "how specific." but it made perfect sense to us, and shea's a big aimee mann fan)
we said goodbye at her truck and i was terribly awkward- all i could think about doing was throw my arms around her, but i was afraid it would be too much of a just friends gesture and didn't want to give that impression so i didn't do anything. i was kicking myself all the way home, sure it was going to go the way of the first girl, but then she sent me a tm saying how much she liked meeting me and she was already in love with the first song on my mix. so all was good!

i still don't know what i think about my dinner with renee. it's wasn't, oh, it's so good to have this friend back in my life, i've missed her! but it also wasn't this was a bad idea i can't get out of here fast enough. trying to figure out where in between it fell, and what i'm going to do next. i did find out, though, that maria who we used to work with recently had a lesbian wedding! wow! i do wish maria would email me back someday. but i'm patient. maybe she's like leah. someday it will happen.

after that i had made plans with s to see rebel without a cause in grant park. that's one of the very few activities i don't like doing by myself- it's just soooo cold and couple-y. and i was underdressed, so i was hoping s would be butch and prepared. unfortunately she got a call and had to take a job! so she wasn't able to come. i was so dissapointed, but it was really ok. let me list the reasons:
1. she actually asked me. "what should i do?" and i got to be the one to say, take the job of course- work comes first!
2. she texted me sweetly the whole way through- she waved as she drove by, she said.
3. she looks a good bit like james dean, so it was almost like she was there.

so i've just been giddy all day today. she left me a voice mail this morning that said, i'm glad you didn't answer because i didn't want to distract you at work, but i just wanted to call to say good morning. i hope you have a great day, and hello to ch, too.

all together now: awwww.

however: i must needs to start saving my quarters, because judging from today my text message bill for this month will be THROUGH THE ROOF! my mother will kill me.

ugh. i've gotten nothing done tonight. no pant fixing, no bill paying. what a lazy bum. but undeniably smitten.

No comments: