21.7.06

and then there's the day to day...

it's OBVIOUSLY a friday night, with me feeling all alone and lame and friday nightish, if i'm putting up not one, not two, but three posts. (and another question must be asked- why am i avoiding those pants so much? i've had them since monday, only about .5hr of work needs to be done on them... why haven't i done any sewing all week?)

last night after i got all that stuff done, i went over to ch's and returned his cat carrier. he gave me his old costuming books, and he cut my hair for me. it was getting downright shaggy in the back.

and today we were happy coworkers. i am so pleased at how my life has changed in the past two weeks, from being so sad and pouty to being in the pink room. and ch is there to watch it all- to help me compose my ad, and then to be a goofy floral employee with me.



i got the most amazing phone call today. the fashion designer called, and i didn't answer because i knew she would tell me things i didn't want to hear. but no. her voice mail was amazing.
1. she didn't forget about me, she's calling me back, she wants me to come by tomorrow (when i wanted to!)
2. she thanked me for all my work on monday, the photo shoot went great she said.
3. marshall fields is going to carry her line!!!!! so three pieces i'm sewing for her wil be sold in macy's (just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?) it's going to be the brown jacket, which i love and will be glad to make for her, but don't have any pictures of. and the white jacket, which i hate, which is very close to this:

amd the pleated pants, which i enjoyed, but were so much work:

and they are the ones with the zipper fly i was so proud of:

so this is really exciting news for me. unfortunately, it means i'm going to have to start working really really hard. fortunately, i should get paid well for it! so that was good news.

becky wasn't able to come to the liquor liscence party, she was working. joe cancelled, too. i tmed ashley and carrie and they were road tripping to family reunion. so it was just ch and i. we were pretty tired from a long day, and margaritas didn't exactly help. the commute home was so long tonight.

then i sat down and started the obsessive posts previous to this one.

and then, when i was feeling just a little too sorry for me, j drunk dials me! so i got the family gossip- sooo glad i've been avoiding the farm. she swears she didn't out me to her mom & sis. i know z says i can't trust her, but she does read my blog every day- and what more can one ask for, in anyone?

No comments: