22.7.06

work work work

woke up early to ride my bike over to the bag lady's house. she's so odd. but she gave me 4 more bags- unfortunately she's selling in a street fair this weekend, so she'll need them before i go to the beach. sigh. but the faster i work, the faster i get paid. so who's complaining? after that, i went straight to the fashion designers. she has a bunch of changes for me, a bunch of new jackets to make. i don't understand how she can be so proud of my work that she picks my peices for macys, but can make me feel so slipshod and untalented. there are still so many things wrong with my samples. how will i ever produce bulk amounts of work to make her happy? she always gets me down. s was on a job west of the fashion designers, so i had a cup of tea and a chocolate crossant and finished my book, and then she came to pick me and my fabric up and take me home! so sweet, don't you think? i was terribly awkward- i can be so smooth and sophisticated and well spoken in emails and blog entries, and the like, but the real life scenes never play out quite like the ones in my head do. she sent me an email saying she had a nice time driving me, so luckily she doesn't think i'm as dorky as i do.

i was so tired when i got home from being out in the sun all day that i lay down to try and take a nap, but wasn't able to. however, mitzi laid down on me and did. you KNOW how i feel about a cat sleeping on my legs. she was totally redeemed for the past week of waking me up between 4 and 5am. i finally dragged myself off the couch and made dinner- zucchini feta pancakes with mint from my garden! it was pretty exciting. i wish i knew how to use my chammomile. do i clip it and dry it, or can i use it fresh?

now i'm just laying around like a bum, procrastinating sewing. i just don't know how to make myself start working on the looming projects ahead of me.

No comments: