2.5.05

pinwheels and orange peels

i knew i was gonna write the post about amy's comment yesterday and i wanted to give it a good mayday title, and i forgot. i've made a 7 song mayday ep- if anyone else knows may songs i'll like, let me know.
it's been a wonderful day, which is astounding for a monday. i guess all that work that i got done this weekend i handed in today. my elevations weren't great for set design, but my model was pretty nice,
and i was happy with my painters elevation. i got a great critique from frances on my life is a dream renderings! i should have pictures of a few of them up next week this time. i'll link back of course. don't get me wrong, i'm still missing some shadows, and i need to completely reswatch other costumes, but for frances, i left there feeling funny and free. (talking about that, my coming out mix is done. if you want a copy, please email me or post a comment. even those of you who feel like you should be garunteed a mix, drop me a line anyway, cause i'm getting tired of the whole 11 copies thing. a few things it's not: the best of lesbian singersongwriting, or a uplifting mix for anyone to come out to. it's more autobiographical, as my mixes tend to be. so it's more the story of my coming out, rather than a standard of some sort.)
anyway, the day just kept getting better. i had to stop at jewel for more coke, and my fave bagels were in stock, and buy one get one free. the pansys were out front, so i bought 3 for my windowbox for completing my projects. when i got home, my box from kira had arrived! she sent an overabundance of cds- 4 to be exact. i've listened to 3 so far, and it should be fun. there are a few that made me walk over to the keyboard and say, who's this? and none yet that have made me groan and immediately delete them (although i'm just getting to the björk...) i highly recomend heading over to her blog and helping her out with her ipod so that you too can get one. not only that, she sent whoopee pies! can you remember the last time you ate a whoopee pie? i can't either. must have been elementary school, sometime. i can picture them all wrapped up in their saran wrap in a little basket next to the cash register at the hundreds of little menonite farm stands along rt 10 at home. a? z? when was the last time you ate a whoopie pie? also, did you know they can be made from chocolate chip cookies? me neither.
so i had to pot my pansys into my flowerbox, which means i need to move my basil of of it. i've been wanting to repot it for awhile anyway. so i put one basil in the blueberry stick's old pot, and put the other one in the jade's pot- my jade mushily fell over last week, i think i overwatered it, and it molded or something. but then i thought the top was looking way too healthy and green to throw away, so i cut off the mushy part and stuck it in a little pot of dirt. we'll see if anything happens. i'm a bit worried about the basil, too, as the roots were very spread out and entangled. i tore alot of them, i hope they'll be ok. it would be sad to kill them before summer. there's not enough room in the dining room for the purple passion, both basils, the new pansys, and the xmas cactus. so i opened the storm window and balanced the pansys on the ledge (have i mentioned the windowsills in my apartment are 2" deep and slope downward?) and put the purple passion back on the microwave (it needs to be repotted too!) and left one basil on the dining room table with the jade and the cactus. the other basil i put on my lime green lack table in the studio, where the avacado is. but the avacado is having serious issues, namely that it has hit the lamp in its vigorous journey to the ceiling, and has a nasty swerve where it's trying to jump out the window. so, i moved the avacado to the top of the bookcase where the jade was, and now the basil has the lime green lack end table all to itself. hopefully the avacado will get enough light up there. and the billy bookcase wont collapse under the weight of the 12" terracotta pot.
i called my grandma for advice on my jade (since mom's at a sting concert) and while she was chatting i worked on my fairy mobile. i finished it after we hung up, while eating a whoppee pie. it's pretty beautiful and magical, the silky fairies just hang in midair. not sure where i'm going to hang it yet. it looks just like the picture in the catalog, so i'm probably not going to post a pic, as it's a brand new roll of film.. but all the other pics you've been asking for should be posted next week!
except, of course, for the ones from my show. z, why won't you send me those?
also, i've updated my booklist and movielist, so please click and leave your opinions!
have i mentioned LEAH is coming to visit me in 3 days? has there EVER been anyone more excited? this visit couldn't possibly live up to my expectations.

No comments: