22.5.05

TRYING to be productive

due to your wild enthusiasm. and my wicked exhaustion, i am posting briefly before getting back to work. (brief! ha! me!) got up early yesterday morning and:
ate breakfast
showered and washed my hair
made a shopping list
put away my winter clothes and got out my summer ones
rode bike to bikeshop for checkup
rode bike to grocery store
talked to building manager about ending lease

as you may have noticed, none of these things involve schoolwork.
i did then go to the library, and found 1860s menswear, 1920s interior furnishings, and reviews of romeo + juliet... though by that time i'd run out of change, so i had to put the books on hold till i can come back and copy the info i need.
g came over and we made dinner together- it's been such a long time since i've cooked with someone, it seems. i think kristy visiting and us making sushi was the last time. it was a totally successful meal- mediteraranean vegetable stew with couscous and lemon-mint gremolata.

and orange filled chocolate crêpes with orange fudge sauce. i think g will be staying through july, so hopefully she'll help me move. i talked alot about my sexuality, same stuff i've been blogging, the wierdness of jessie and if i should come out to dad. i mentioned my theory that boys are either gay or straight and girls are somewhere in between. and she agreed, saying that girls aren't as stuck in their gender roles, esp. as children as boys are. and mentioning the male obsession with lesbianism, and saying "i asked joe what he would think if i kissed another boy and he said he'd be hurt, and angry. and then i asked him what if i was kissing another girl, and he said he would be confused, but it's not like he would mind. and i guess it's because if i was kissing another guy it would mean he was competeing with him for my affections, but since i'm straight he doesn't find another girl threatening.. although i can't think of a reason i would be kissing a girl." and i was very good, didn't say "i can think of a reason" or "joe should know there is competition, even if he is the undisputed winner" or any of the things i was thinking. i think she should kiss a girl sometime- you know, just for practice or something.

ANYWAY, when she left i typed up half my journal entries and went to bed. this morning i SLOGGED through the second half. it took me hours and hours. i wrote the first 5 pages in 2 hrs last night, and it took me over 4 hrs to write the next 6 today. it makes me really nervous about doing all my paintings, building my model, AND writing my research paper next weekend. especially if audrey's here. just got an evite from g & her roomate. they're having a birthday party that night, too. i may dress up just to show up. have a drink, then come back here and hang out with audrey. anyway. today i ate lunch and then:
typed up my prop list and set breakdown
added 3 pages to my creative nonfic final paper
sketched my last 4 renderings
transfered all 6 to watercolor paper
put in a load of laundry
and now i'm hungry and tired and do not wanna get my laundry or watch romeo + juliet. i wanna blog. obviously.

No comments: