23.12.05

from the top of the mountain

ugh! it's taken 10 minutes for this page to load! i don't know what's wrong with mom's dial up. anyway, so after my last post both leah and jamie were iming me, i felt so popular, but i had to get to the airport. i lugged my sack of bricks down the steps (damn that beer! so heavy!) and drug it through the sludge (damn that thaw!) to the train. took the redline to belmont, transfered to the brown line, got to CHICAGO before i realized... i had my confirmation number for my reservation, sure, but without my voucher, they were gonna make me PAY for it!! so i immediately got off the train, although chicago is not handicapped accessable. a nice gentleman helped me carry it down, but i hauled it up all 42 stairs of the other side by myself. ufta!! called ch, told him i wouldn't be stopping by the sears tower. took the train back to belmont, back to the redline, back to granville. i begged the cta lady to watch my suitcase, but she wouldn't. but she did say i could leave it with the snackshop guy. and he watched it!! so i raced back to my apartment, got the voucher, back to the trainstation, reclaimed my suitcase, back on the redline. had ch deposit my paycheck for me so my rent doesn't bounce.

thank GODDESS i alotted 2hrs at the airport! i ended up wasting 1.5 hrs in my back and forth. so i still got to the airport 1hr before my flight, but didn't get to say goodbye to ch or exchange gifts with carlos or stop at christkindlmarket or do anything downtown.

but i got here safely and on time. z and dad picked me up at the airport, and we went home and z and i beat dad and pam in a game of hand and foot by just 20 points.

and now z needs help stuffing the duvet in the duvet cover, so i'm signing off. will type again soon. otherwise, merry christmas!

No comments: