10.12.05

what i've been doing

worrying about l
sewing the supervillian
thinking about l
decorating for xmas
empathizing for l
procrastinating lighting design
and so on and so forth.

talked to my grandma last night, since she sent me a passive agressive xmas card with her phone number in case i'd forgotten it. i actually MADE UP a presbyterian church i visited. ("actually grandma, i couldn't really catch the vibe, cause there was a missionary speaking that week and so i didn't get to hear the pastor's sermon.") really upset her when i told her i was gonna check out the unitarian universalists. assured her that even though everyone i know smokes, i won't be starting. used the participle phrase "going out" as a noun WAY too often, as i can't say the word "bar" in front of my grandma...

also called dad to thank him for my xmas gift. he told me i could probably fix my turntable myself. he told me just how to do it, he's really good at that. i got out the screwdrivers to go at it, but he was like, um, didn't you say you were about to make dinner? so i put them away and will open it up AFTER i finish lighting design. UGH. magic sheets, color key, cue list- when will it end?

stayed up too late last night and didn't get anything done this morning- surprise! had to tidy a bit for ch- he just popped by to go to see the lion the witch and the wardrobe with me. since he reread them last year while staying with me, we've bonded.

i must interupt this post to tell you i've spent the last 45 min reading last year's november archives to find a reference to ch reading c s lewis and i can't. this is crazy. i gotta sign offline, work. i have an hour and a half before i have to leave to get to jen's xmas party on time.

No comments: