18.1.06

the keepers

so let's see, it's been so long.. just like j said- how nice to be missed. still, no one will leave a comment on why the entry about saturday night at amberlee's was called i know what i know? i don't think i did anything else worth mentioning monday night. was all het up, drank tea, went to bed EARLY, l called and woke me, i didn't feel good about our conversation, i mulled, etc. same old story, nothing new here, move along.

after work yesterday i came home and started cooking. didn't hear anything from christopher, but was like, whatever, i'm cooking and eating this anyway. and then at 7 he called and i realized- i'd missed his voicemail saying he'd accidentally deleted my directions. so it was my own fault he wouldn't get here till 8:30- damn him living in pilsen. i didn't wanna put him off again, but i was feeling tired and moody and stupid about not checking my phone when i got home. so i just made cookies- oatmeal -almond- chocolate chip. and he got here and lit up the place. he infused me with his energy and exuberance and the gin he brought. i warmed up my feast (penne with vodka sauce, broccoli with alonds and oranges) and he mixed us drinks, and they were very stiff and conversation flowed. we had such a lovely time talking about school and family and religion and gender and it was marvelous, and he left before 11 to get home in time, and that made it even more perfect. AND he did my dishes, and you KNOW how i feel about that. all on his own, i didn't even give him prompting the way i do with some guests.

it was so delightful, and it made me miss l, and so i called her, which is something i probably shouldn't do when drunk. i texted a after that, and read my book till she called back at midnight. she talked to me for a while, and i was able to fall asleep. i dreamed of working for christopher on spectacle fortuna, covering the bamboo structures of costumes with very strechy fabric.

woke up with a nasty headache at 7.30 when my phone brrrrings with a text- it's from ch- he wants to know if i can open, he partied too hard last night. i said i couldn't get there any earlier, and he asked if he could have a few hours off and i said sure. so since my hangover was milder than his, i opened at 9 and got the orders rolling, and he came in a little later. so really, i was just a little sleepy compared to him- he had a very long day, and even my cookies didn't help much.

but now he'll be working all alone for almost a week. i'm not back at the shop till next tuesday. first day of classes is monday, and i took friday off because tomorrow is the morning of doom. i ate my last meal for dinner tonight. crunchy and spicy- chips and salsa. god will i be glad for it all to be over.

No comments: