15.4.05

life in delta phi epsilon

well... i guess first i should tell you about getting here. i got to o'hare right on time, and i was trying to check in and they didn't have my ticket... and i figured out i was flying out of midway, not ohare. who knew? i didn't know united even flew out of midway. the agent couldn't help me and told me to call priceline. so i did, and she said to get to midway as fast as possible, and they could help me there. so i got in a cab, and traffic was TERRIBLE. i arrived at midway 30 min after my plane left. it cost 65 dollars. so, i'm waiting in line, and there's lots of tears through this whole process of course, and there are no more flights out of midway that night. HOWEVER, there is one flying out of o'hare... and i can fly standby on it. there were a few people who missed flights, and this nice guy in a suit, young with grey hair, was driving his rental car to his hotel beyond o'hare and offered to give rides. this story is getting to long. but it was a long day. so i was the only one who took curtis up on offer. he was interesting and sweet. he gave me money to buy dinner. when i got to o'hare they said my ticket was for midway, so they coudn't give me a flight. but the boss said since they told me and told me, she would do it. and- there were free seats on my standby! i got in! i made it to buffalo. z and samir picked me up at the airport. i was tired, but we stopped at wegmans on the way home. a neccesary rochester staple. its so big and wonderful! z wanted me to meet bob when we got home, but i couldn't stay up any later. i went to bed. but not soon enough. cause see, we had a lovely day in ithaca today- we went to the mooswood restaurant. yum! it met all of my expectations. but z's going to bob's formal tonight. so we coudn't spend much time shopping. when we got home i was tired from the day in the sun... so i can't relate. it's just awful, being surrounded by all these gossipy sorority sisters. i feel so alone. z was really mean to me when i was taking her and bob's picture before they left. i know it's cause she's nervous, but i was still hurt. i don't know if they would be friendly if i could make an effort, but i'm so tired... i forced myself to paint a bit, i got 2 1/2 more renderings done, which is almost half way. i laid down to take a nap, but then girls started talking next door. so i decided to type to you. i still have an hour before i have to get ready to go out tonight. hopefully it will be a small easily relateable group. but this doesn't bode well for tomorrow. i HOPE things will be better when z is around and we are at the event they have been talking about all the time. but somehow, i doubt it. i just hope she's remembering what a good time she and samir had with ch and i. but really, there's nothing in my life that compares to this. i don't know this many people... anywhere. if you count the paians and the germans and the chicagoians and all my school aquaitances... whatever. i need more sleep. i hope, hope hope i'm not mizerable till 2 in the morning. i hope i don't regret coming. i don't wanna cry anymore this weekend.

No comments: