24.4.05

surprise patty

i'll try and make this quick, as i have to be at work in 9 hours... but i wanna tell you about my night while it's still fresh! i heard back from g last night. she was at a birthday party. i told her to call today, but she never got a chance to. whatever. it's her naked hands. i worked hard all day, did my research, wrote my bibliography and outline, read my readings, wrote my paper on bird by bird, did laundry and went grocery shopping. on my way to the grocery store, charles called and said johnny b was feeling badly- he has to go to work tomorrow for the first time without an apendix. so ch wanted to know if i wanted his ticket to hear patty griffin tonight! how could a girl turn that down? when you hear she's coming and the tickets are pricey and it's a sunday night, perhaps. but a free ticket TONIGHT? no problem! i called mom, she helped me justify it. sorry frances. no last 4 paintings for you. i met charles and jack up north- it was the first time jack had seen me all dressed up, and he was surprised. ch is used to it, so it was an awkward moment. i wore my tall boots, black fishnets, micromini black velvet skirt, black longsleeved t and over it all a boucle sweater jacket with lapels and 3 buttons at the waist that goes down to my ankles. the skirt is REALLY short- i think i cut too much of it off when i decided it should be a skirt AND a tube top. still need to put darts, zipper in the top, so i may end up adding a ruffle to the skirt...
i ran into my text analysis professor from last semester in the bathroom. it was kinda wierd, cause she taught a class i hated so much, but she was good at it, and she's this hot rad dyke, and i wasn't sure how familiar to be with her. and it is the bathroom line. i think we were friendly and polite though, and i felt like ch, coming back from the bathroom, saying who i met. we stood on the corner of the balcony- it was a good spot. jack is SO quiet! he drives me crazy. can NOT make conversation. but then he gives me a line every once in a while to show me what ch sees in him. i'm trying to make conversation, as we stare out at the crowd. i say, i can't see anyone from here. i wonder how ch recognizes people. and jack dryly says, he eats his carrots.
patty was good. she's a great musician, performer. i like the new stuff, i'm excited about the next album. i don't think i like impossible dream. i've been trying for awhile, and i just can't get into it. there's a few good songs on it- she played don't come easy and useless desires (2nd verse for a) but i get so bored through standing, kite song, top of the world, mothe rof god. she didn't do anything from living with ghosts, which makes me so sad. she only has 5 albums, how can you skip one completely? she did makin pies, which was fun, and long ride home, which was awesome- it made me cry. she did 2 oldies, silver bell, which rocked, and tony, which was really surpising. the soccer moms were SO annoying screaching mary through the whole concert. i'm so glad she picked tony. she did a cover for the encore, someone i cant remember, and a rocking song. and another boring thing from impossible dream. and my handy rang. it was g. whatever. too late! i'll see her next friday. i'm not rearanging my schedule for her to pick up her rings before that. it was wierd, but i called a and we had a lovely chat, the whole way home. i'll have to tell you about that sometime when it's not so late.

No comments: