16.2.05

rainbow scarf stories

i got out of class early tonight, and took tomorrow off work so i can work all day in the costume shop doing fittings. i felt like i needed to be productive, so i FINALLY washed my dishes and did laundry. now i still have time before i have to go to bed and i can blog. my day was long boring and heavy, so instead i will tell rainbow scarf stories.


1. i was leaving jen's sunday night and was excited about it as i wrapped it around my neck. and her roomate sarah said, way to show your pride. YES! this is the proper reaction. i made my joke about my grandma not knowing anything about pride, she just loves me and knows i like rainbows. (jen thinks it's so funny that the first thing mom told me when i came out to her was, don't tell grandma)

2. i was raving about it again to ch, and a few min. later he says, it is really bright, like sesame street. GRR. not the right reation. way to make me feel young and straight.

3. was talking with melané while waiting for my director. she's one of my actresses, and i think she's totally hot. she admired it, and i told her my grandma gave it to me for v-day... and then i got stuck. somehow i couldn't tell this person i don't know that well (ok, this person who i like) that i'm wearing it for pride. and cause it's warm and soft and from my grandma, of course. but pride too. BLECH. i was sick of myself.

so in response i'm putting together a coming out mix. so far, so pleased. lemme know if any of you want copies. i, unlike SOME PEOPLE, am good at sending out mixes.

No comments: