21.9.04

day off

it's been lovely. my last one, the last weekday i have off till thanksgiving. my gift day, the one that was so unexpected. god's birthday present, or something. jen picked me up and helped me get the form back to the costume shop- so all the ordeal with mom's dress is done with. then we went to the fancy italian restaurant upstairs in the sears tower for lunch- i'd had a gift certificate i got for my birthday last year, and it expired friday. we felt slightly out of place, but oh, the food was good! from the pasta to the AMAZING gelato. i went to school to pick up my upass, then off to hyde park to meet gabrielle. first we went to walgreens cause she needed crazy glue. and there was a whole aisle of haloween supplies. i bought a lovely kit that had red glitter hedwig lipstick and purple fake eyelashes. i'm so excited to have fake eyelashes. i hope someone takes me out someplace cool for my birthday. next we went to bojians bazzar and she bought new rings earings, and scarf, and i got more beads for my hair. then we went to the blackstone library and got her a library card!!! i was so happy it was finally taken care of. she had to find books for work, so we sat on the floor of the childrens library for an hour and 1/2 and read fairy tale picture books to each other. (any one who knows hyde park geography will realize that this path took us by BOTH of hyde park's excellent 2nd hand music stores. i was very restrained. didn't even slow down, much.) we went back to her place just quick to pick up my bag and for her to change. she was going to a party and it's right on my street, so we were going to walk together. i had suggested her lil black h&m dress, and she needed me to zip it up for her- the top is really tight! luckily it's an invisible zipper that won't slide down. i put her flip flops in her purse for her, picked the price tag off her new scarf so she could wear it, and generally expidited the going out process. so i'm feeling really good about this. it's been wonderful relations all day. apparently she doesn't think any creepy thoughts if she's still asking me to zip up her dress for her. i was worried about things being weird or different the next time we saw each other, but no. esp. compared with how hard it is for me to make conversation with jen, g is a dream to hang out with, talk to, whatever. along with all her other lovely characteristics!

No comments: