4.9.04

friends update

so, here we go. another post exclusively for the blog. approaching a holiday weekend with no activities in sight seemed sort of scary... or at least, unhealthy. but then, last night, called gabrielle. don't know why i always feel like i should wait, testing her, seeing how long it takes her to call me. she makes me live in so many deranged synopses (is that the right way to use that word?) in my head. so anyway i called her, and she said, "hey joe, wait a minute-" finally, intsead of him calling interupting our fun, i was calling interupting their fun! not that i was like, "come over now, and say goodbye to joe." it was more, "i'm not doing anything this whole holiday weekend, and i need a reason to either leave my house or clean it." so we made plans for tomorrow. but then, today, as i was lying naked in bed reading my novel and eating chocolate admidst my discheveled apartment, my phone rings and it's janine, back from the ukraine, visiting from lancaster, pa. and she wants to see me. so after a quick hours preparation, she arrived to me in order, my house in order, all the dishes done and egg salad for lunch. i felt quite proud of myself for acomplishing all of that. now, i need to go shopping. i needed 3 things at ace hardware. i'll be damned if i can remember the 3rd. drill bit, washers. and what? purple paint? a picture frame? blank cds? tampons? none of these are right. so see. i may go crazy anyway.

No comments: