20.9.04

drunk and out

so all went as planned last night. when g came over and asked where we were going, i got a bit nervous. i suggested the closet, up north, which ch and i discussed, cause it was a mixed crowd for a boystown bar. and g was like, do you want me to drive? and i said, no, i want you to drink. and then she's like, well, it's so far away, and i have to go to work tomorrow- i can have one... and i say, well then, why are we going out? and she suggests jimmy's on 55th, here in hyde park. it's where the students talk of hanging out, and i think this is a great idea, as i want a neighborhood bar.
so it's just this lovely, well paced evening. all my fave actiivites. i cook dinner for her. she waxes my dreads while i read her traveling mercies. then (after a few changes of shoes) we walk to the bar.
she holds her liquor so well! i mean, i'd act silly anyway. but she has such control. that's just how she is. so it was harder than i expected, cause i just felt so much drunker than she was. but i told her i was a lesbian. she wasn't really surprised, she said, "you didn't need to get me drunk for this! i was more surprised when you told me you weren't a christian anymore. you should have gotten me drunk then!" of course, i seriously back pedaled from the wetter side of the 2nd napkin. definately lies of ommition if not comition. but it's better that way. really . she's so fucking straight. amy, dear amy, called me today just to make sure i was ok, all went well, she was so worried for me, worried she'd get a distraught text message in the middle of the night. i need that voice in my life next to michi and leah's of course you need to tell her! it all will be fine! but this time, they're right, it is all fine, so far.

No comments: