22.9.04

rules of conversation

mom called me today. she said allie talked to her, and i should just assume that if she calls me it's cause she wants to talk, if i call her that means i have something to say. and if i have something to say i have to say it in the first 15 min. of conversation if i want to make sure it's addressed. when i told allie, she said,
"wow- rules on conversation, sorryI thought it would help. but apparently it is not"
i love how she makes everything feel like my fault.
i wanted to say, "if i wanted to tell you i would! i guess my problem is wanting you to care!"
she asked three times what gabrielle and i did on tues. then after she told me the rules, i interupt her and say, "well should i i tell you what g and i did yesterday?" and she said i thought i'd asked you that already! what i should have said was "yes you asked, but i thought you'd like to hear the answer. forgive me for wanting to tell you."

No comments: