28.9.04

first day of school

i actually had all 4 of my classes today. and talked (via voicemail) to my academic advisor about my practicum so i feel... well, exhausted. sylabi always do that to me. how could i ever get all that work done? but i always do, and this semester will be no different. i'll just take good notes and worry about one week at a time. it seems fine. theories of personality seems to be a drag, an intro to psyc class rather than the myers-brigs/ enneigram i was hoping for. (amy , do you have that utne reader, too?) and 8am! my god! who takes a class at a time like that? my styles and crafts (theater history) professor can't be much older than me. he wears thriftstore clothes, chains, a gotee and a chin stud. oh, and swears like a sailor. should be fun. text analysis- basically english comp with actors. can see why i need it. after those two, it was such a culture shock to go to Fashion: a Historical Perspective. i go from all these crazy extroverted theater majors to a fashion class. all the fashion design students are female, unnaturally blond or highlighted, tall or stilletoed, stylish, shy. i'm by far one of the shyest people in my theater classes, but seem so loud and gregarious in the fashion one, where people don't even shake their heads very hard! it's crazy. the best part is, it ends an hour earlier than says the sylabus. so i have more time to work at the costume shop! horray!

No comments: