13.1.05

january books

so, jamie has this meme about 10 books on your bookshelf. i would post it, but a. i never pass on chain emails, so i feel bad doing the same thing on my blog. b. she's the only one with a blog who reads me, so it would end here. and c. i don't have a single one on my shelves! i've read them, but don't own any... wait, i think she had tolken. but that's it. sad, huh? so instead, i will post something i came up with while procrastinating last weekend. i found my booklist. yes, i write down every book i read, with fairly good regularity. and i have been doing this since i quit school after 10th grade. makes for an interesting time line. so without further ado, the highlights of:

january 05-julie ann peters, define"normal, and joe meno, hairstyles of the damned.
january 04-elizabeth honey, don't pat the wombat, and ann bannon, odd girl out
january 03-diana wynne jones, castle in the air, and lloyd alexander, westmark
january 02-jrr tolken, two towers, and jane yolen, 12 impossible things before breakfast (also tamora pierce's the woman who rides like a man, i read alot of books that january, and it's hard to choose)
january 01-madeline l'engle, a swiftly tilting planet, and monica furlong, wise child
january 00-donald kraybill, upside down kingdom, and jostien gaarder, the solitare mystery
january 99-orson scott card, the ships of earth, and james gurney, dinotopia
january 98-fredrick buechner, peculiar treasures, and andrew lang, red fairy book

and that's as far back as my list goes. perhaps i'll do it again in august- my list starts in august 97, so i'll have 9 years then. what do you think? is this an interesting reoccuring feature? have you read any of these books? what do you think? i also have a list of just about every movie i've seen since i left home. they're not as well organized though. and i occasionally go months without watching a movie, and i've never gone more than a week, max, without reading a book.

story of the red skirt comes next, i promise.

does any one have any idea how i can put new lines into my blog? returns are apparently not published. trying to make this at least a little easy to read and user friendly.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Well, what do you use when you write your posts? I usually do it on the blogger homepage and it works very well.
I realize there are several ways to submit your posts, so I guess you're doing it another way than I do, so I can't really say what you should do.

caitlin said...

i think it must be something with my template, or my browser. i use blogger's main page, choose postings, and new post to make my posts. it's my homepage on safari. it may be another mac thing. perhaps if i used internet explorer or something it would resolve itself,i thought, but now that i'm posting this comment here, i see the returns have returned. so now i don't know, but i'm more inclined to blame the template instead of the browser. but since i've done so much customization last night, i'm not about to change it now!