27.1.05

shopping

i spent more money today than i ever have before in a 5 hour period. well, when i got my appartment i had to pay first and last month's rent and security deposit. that was more. but not by much. Elijah talks about nathan in his "sharp armani suit" so i had to find a "sharp armani suit." appropriate for an undertakers son. to be worn in south carolina. in the summer. by the time i'd returned to the costume shop with all my purchases from ragstock, lane bryant, t j maxx and filene's basement everyone had left already and i couldn't find out if anyone else thinks it's sharp. i talked for about 1/2 an hour before with tom, and that made me feel oh so good. doing the research online last night helped me solidify my questions. so between doing the research, asking tom the questions, and shopping today, i feel very confident. we will see how that plays out tuesday afternoon when i start showing people what i got for my money.... i know frances will have lots of problems with them all. fuck it. good enough and complete is what i'm going for. i feel like there's one perfect answer for each of the costumes, like it's a math problem. and everyone (tom, patty, frances, the director) has a few examples, and i have to figure out the one they all have in common, and where to find it. i need to let good enough be ok, and to trust my creative costume design skills, saying that my idea is good enough, and i don't need to find your idea. that this is close enough to modern, to professional, to summer wear, to fitting. glad to get that off my chest. back to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: