28.1.05

tea

had such a nice tea time last night, curled in my bed with my hotwater bottle and my favourite book, which i'm rereading AGAIN. i ate my last piece of liebkuchen. there are still zimtsterne left. i have a crazy amount of teas, because i always thought it was better to have lots of little bits of different kinds, rather than alot of a few kinds. but i've been thinking this is getting out of hand as of late. g hasn't helped, each time she gets tea she gives me little plastic wrapped balls of all her new flavors. when i came back from germany i was being german and drinking it in the morning (i'm now back to my 1/2 can of coke, it's sick and not really matching my lifestyle, i know, but i need the caffene, and more so the carbonation, to get me awake these days) and so i could use up her little bits of black and green. so now it's all contained, in boxes or tins or separate bags. the only baggie i have left is the jasmine pearl. it's the low grade (i think i drank my last precious high grade pearls by accident thinking they were gunpowder green) and i don't know what i'm saving it for. i should at least drink up the yerba mate and then i can put them in a tin. anyway, i've got a collection of single bags, from a variety of sources. i've been saving the teabags ruth sent me for winter last year, but tea doesn't last forever, and she's given me more tea for both my birthday and christmas. so i ended up drinking the last one of hers last night. and i thought it was seeleruhe, i had the feeling from the german word it was for comfort or calming, some kind of peace for your soul. but what it really said was momente der sehnsucht, so i looked it up to see what i was supposed to be searching for, and it means longing or yearning. unfortunatly this was after i'd already poured water over it, cause i'm odly content right now. i've spent alot of time longing for germans and germany. it would have been perfect at sometime to eat one of my ritter sports (i'm a terrible chocolate hoarder) and drink my sehnsucht tee by candlight and look through my scrapbooks and cry and email ruth. but all that to say it tasted good and is gone now, but i have orange sußholtz and erdberee sahne rooibus to replace it. i packaged up alot of stuff last night, and took it to the post office today, so everyone watch your mailboxes! everyone but justine, that is. you know i'll never mail you anything again. amy texted me this morning, about forgetting about her impatiens. and i decided i didn't talk nearly enough about here. so instead of mood in that little last line i want to add like everyone else now that i've discovered how to put in line breaks ;-) i'm gonna put a bach's flower remedy and indication.

impatiens- taking time to experience the joy of life; to experience life at an enjoyable pace.
spinning- eurhythmics, i love to (listen to)

No comments: